Whale Love.

So today is the first day of the 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge and I've started off strong. I did however completely have a brain fart and forgot to take a picture! I also pulled the best April Fool's joke, unfortunately it was on myself. I woke up this morning panicked that I was running late to my step class at the downtown Y. I haven't been in over a month, but I was positive that the class was at 9:30. So I threw together a smoothie, grabbed an extra banana and flew out the door. Dropped the kiddo off at the daycare and ran (literally) up to class. Got my step out and noticed a TON of new faces. This should've been my first clue. Then the instructor turned the music on and I thought I was in a night club -- this should've been my second clue. About 22 minutes into class, I turned to the girl behind me and said, "Is this Basic Step?" at which she smiled and said that it was Intermediate+ Step. I thought I was going to die. I was quite the trooper though and stuck out the whole 45 minutes -- and then we all had a good laugh that I had managed to survive the class. I then stayed for the 15 minute Ab Teaser and then the 30 minute Basic Step class afterwards to make myself feel better and trust me, I nailed everything :) It didn't seem so hard after what I'd been thru during the first class!

I was thrilled when I got home and a little package was awaiting me from Christy Robinson Designs! I came across her jewelry on Vegan Cuts website and after pursuing thru her stuff, finally decided that I had to have this little whale necklace. It's made from recycled aluminum so it's super light weight and you can pretty much customize any of her designs. Within reason of course. My husband joked that I should've gotten it to say "Not Research" but I didn't want to ruin the simplicity of the whale. She has a TON of great designs ranging from a kale bunch to a rabbit to a little chick that says "Not a Nugget". Most of her stuff is centered around being vegan/vegetarian/cruelty free, but all in all, there's something for everyone! Make sure you check out her FB page and all her new Mother's Day designs :)


I capped the day off with a great little salad (don't worry I had seconds) and a whole avocado. I bought a couple of these huge guys over at Harris Teeter yesterday and they were already ripe -- super yummy with some hot sauce poured on top! Thinking I might do a dessert green smoothie later. We'll see!


What good habits have you decided to start this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment