Day 2 + Local Eats.

So Day 2 of the challenge didn't kick off as good as yesterday. I usually always use fresh bananas and some sort of coconut/almond/cows milk as my base. I had Greek yogurt in the fridge too and totally flaked on using it to make my smoothie creamier. I also threw in some flax and hemp powder, some PB2 (which is amazing) and a Vega protein smoothie packet. I think it was the Vanilla Almond one and to be honest, it kind of turned my stomach a little. I'm not sure if it was the intense flavor or what, but it didn't settle well. I've used Vega in the past and have been super happy with it. Hopefully tomorrow's will be a bit better :)


Sometime last week, the owner of Eat Well Market asked her customers on FaceBook what genre of food we'd like to see her make soon. I personally voted for Thai as it's one of my favorites, but I feel it's also not the healthiest thing I could be eating. I LOVE that most all her stuff is gluten free and she always seems to have vegan/vegetarian options available. I was stoked that she decided to make Thai today and scurried over for lunch. I hoovered up some Green Curry with potatoes, onion, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic and a whole lot of spice served with Jasmine Rice. Hands down some of the best curry I've had in the area. I tried to go back and get take out for dinner around 6ish and she was already sold out for the night! I think we ran her ragged Nashville, but man, was it good or what?!


What's some of your favorite Thai meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment