Symphony + Lasagna.

So after a super long day at the Zoo, a girlfriend of mine suggested getting together with some friends and doing the Symphony in the Park tonight instead of walking down to the CMA Festival. What's not to love about this idea? Free. Cultural. BYOB. Not to mention that it's literally right across the street from my house! So we loaded up some coolers with healthy munchies (well, at least my cooler), grabbed some blankets and headed on over. What a beautiful night for this kind of thing -- it was almost 'chilly' at times if you can believe it and absolutely no bugs. The program was based on the film music of John Williams. So it was kind of fun to guess with everyone what movie they were playing: Star Wars, Jaws, Harry Potter, ET, Fiddler on the Roof, Superman, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones and so many more! If you've never been, I highly recommend it -- there's a few more freebies going on this month at various parks around the city.

Not the best shot, but my phone died before the night started!
I also wanted to throw in a little review on a microwave Vegan Lasagna that I made tonight before I walked down to the park. I bought it at Whole Foods last week and was focused mostly on the dietary fiber and protein when I bought it. It was 'interesting' to say the very least -- not the greatest tasting frozen meal I've ever made, but I don't really have anything to compare it to in the vegetarian/vegan world, so hard to say. The noodles were made from rice and I can't remember off the top of my head what the 'cheese' was. I will tell you that it was kind of grainy and the flavor was lacking. I'm not sure what I'd add to it to 'spice' it up, but it definitely needed something! Was surprisingly filling for such a little portion though.


What are some of your favorite all ready prepared foods?


No comments:

Post a Comment