Juice Bar.

So today was my weekly stop over at Whole Foods -- I definitely waited and went at the wrong time of the day. Not only was it so close to the kiddos nap time, but everyone in Green Hills was there getting lunch! I decided to take the opportunity to check out the juice bar though since I didn't have a chance to make one this morning -- and I figured since someone else was making it, I could take a little risk with the ingredients.

First, you choose what size you want  -- I grabbed a 20oz for me and the kiddo to share. It's inevitable that she wants some EVERY TIME I juice! Next, you decide what base you want: Carrot + Apple or Cucumber + Celery. Then you get (2) add ons with the price that you're paying. It's .99/each for additional ones. Add ons: Kale, Chard, Spinach, Parsley, Bell Pepper, Jalapeno, Ginger, Lemon, Garlic and Beets. I tried the Jalapenos since I'd never juiced them before and had them add some Lemon too to help cut the spiciness down. I asked the lady after the fact how much Jalapeno she put in and she said almost a whole one and it looked like seeds/ribs were included in that. The spiciness wasn't horrible if at all noticeable really. Was more of an aftertaste really than a burning sensation. I was hesitant to let the kiddo try any, but it didn't seem to phase her at all, but I did limit her intake as well. You can also add 'shots' to your drink for $1.75/oz of either ginger juice or wheat grass juice. And lastly, you can add 'boosts' for .99/each -- honey, yogurt, soy yogurt, maple syrup, peanut butter, whey/soy protein, bee pollen, spirulina or flax oil.

So my juice was pretty great and of course tasted better because someone else made it and had to clean up the mess :) I think in the future though, I will be more willing to try different things that I wouldn't necessarily juice at home, especially the greens since they're using more intense machines than I have at home. And therefore, getting a different texture/taste than what I can produce with my little Breville. I'm also intrigued by the taste of wheat grass since I hear a lot about it, but don't have the capabilities to 'juice' it currently.


What juice bars have you guys found around town?

No comments:

Post a Comment