Edamame + Avocado Spread.

So I had a fabulous lunch again today. I use to get so busy with my days in the home office with the kiddo or out and about running endless errands, that I never stopped and ate a good lunch. Always fast food or Starbucks to tid over the hunger pains. Sometimes I'd even just get to a point where I was so hungry that I'd skip lunch all together and then a huge meal for dinner or snack on junk food.

I've realized that to truly lose weight though and maintain a healthier outlook on my lifestyle, I have to be smarter about when I eat and how often. So back to my fabulous lunch :) I grabbed a new spread at Whole Foods this week that had my two favorite things in it -- edamame and avocado. I can't think of two better things for women to eat really! 

Edamame: Comes from soybeans which is the only source on the planet that has all nine essential amino acids, making it a 'superfood' of sorts. It helps with lowering cholesterol and reducing risk of heart disease. It has a ton of protein in it and a large amount of fiber which is important in your every day diet. Also, the jury is still out on this one, but it has been linked (in small amounts) to helping women fight or reduce the risk of breast cancer. 

Avocado: Not only has it been linked to helping reduce/prevent breast cancer, but it also has been said to help reduce/prevent prostrate cancer, strokes, improve eye sight, help with inflammation and even increase your ability to absorb nutrients when eaten with your meals. 

So I'm a huge fan of the two and was excited to think of putting the two together in a spread. It also had some tomatoes and a few other random ingredients. It was a little bland in taste though. If I made this from scratch, I might suggest adding a few other things depending on what kind of taste you prefer: corn, hot sauce, chives/herbs, red onions and/or more seasonings. 



What are some of your favorite spreads and crackers?



No comments:

Post a Comment