Green Fruits & Veggies!

Ok, so we've crossed off reds, oranges and yellows -- now comes my favorite group, the greens! Before I started focusing on my new eating choices, I'd have to say that this was the biggest color category that I would consume in a week. Some of my weekly favorites: salads, guacamole, lightly steamed green beans and broccoli, edamame, peas, artichokes..I could go on for days!

Benefits: good source of phyto-nutrients such as chlorophyll, lutein and indoles. They're said to help reduce blood pressure and LDL cholesterol, free radical damange, lower cancer risk, and improve your vision and immune system.



Fruits: Avocados, Green Apples, Green Grapes, Green Pears, Honeydew Melons, Kiwis and Limes.

Vegetables: Artichokes, Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Spinach, Kale, Peas, Green Beans, Green Peppers, Jalapenos, Zucchini, Broccoli, Celery, Cucumbers, Green Cabbage, Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Swiss Chard, Watercress, Green Onions, Leeks and Okra.

What's your favorite green things to put in your juicer?

No comments:

Post a Comment