Dinner + Dessert.

Quick Update: The beau passed the stone today around lunch time. I guess it had dropped into the bladder as we expected because he didn't have any pain the rest of Friday/Saturday and had some slight discomfort before passing it today. It was amazing to see how small it was and to know how much pain it caused. Looked like a little triangular ninja star :)

So tonight I decided to grab us Wild Cow for dinner (how original I know) and went with one of the specials for a change. Well it wasn't really a 'change' but more of a variation on what I normally get -- Spicy Lentil Soup. It was very good and had a great spice to it. Had a mixture of different vegetables in it too. Would've loved to seen a little vegan sour cream on top perhaps. I also grabbed a side of my usual, Lentil Soup and loaded it up with their hot sauce. I will note that if you're wanting to eat the soup as a meal and you're getting it to go, get two of them since the portion is kind of small or grab another side like I did! I think I might explore making some different lentil recipes this week since I have a huge #10 can sitting around.



For dessert, I found the So Delicious brand of 'ice cream' that everyone's been suggesting to me and decided to give it a try. I picked it up at Turnip Truck last week -- they were doing a great sale, guess I should've mentioned it earlier, but I'm just getting around to eating it! It's made from Almond Milk so there's no dairy in it and all the ingredients were readable on the back. It was kind of 'bland' compared to the last stuff I ate and of course could never compare to a B&J or Breyer ice cream, but you have to keep in mind, that it's not milk, so the taste is greatly different. I did like that it had a ton of dietary fiber in it though since I tend to have a problem getting enough in my diet! All in all, it's the first truly 'vegan' ice cream that I've had, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was great!


Does anyone have a favorite lentil recipe that they want to share with everyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment