Living Walls.

I stumbled across a couple pictures the other day on the internet that made me start to do some research on the concept of 'living' walls or more commonly vertical gardening. The more research I did, the more the idea got bigger until finally, I'd found a 'living' house that was centered completely around the idea -- wind turbines for energy, water reservoir on the roof for water source and even solar panels for power. In the past I'd thought about making a house completely out of a couple large shipping containers and having a garden on the rooftop(s) but this has taken things to a whole new level for me. I guess I'll start small with the idea of just doing something in my future back yard or possibly in my kitchen :) Enjoy and let your mind wander guys!

So this is where my research began and I love the concept of a true 'salad bar'.
For those of you who are super handy DIYers -- this should be an easy one to
make. I'd maybe throw in a small section where I could fill it with ice and put
drinks/wine in it for entertaining purposes.
Gro2 GroWalls & GroRoof -- I found them on Facebook and this is one of their
concepts. They have a website and tons of information on how to get started or
have them install something for you that's already up and running. I like the idea
of filling up sections of your fence so you don't lose the space in your backyard.
How great would it be to have your own greens or herbs right there
in the kitchen ready to throw into whatever you're cooking?
Just another idea for a vertical garden concept.
Doesn't have much of a purpose other than to upcycle some old tea pots
and look pretty with some flowers, but I like the idea all the same.
So lastly, I wanted to post a link that shows off that house that I mentioned in the beginning. They're based out of LA, so I don't see them coming to Nashville to help me build my first house, but I like the idea and am wondering what I could get away with in East Nashville -- Eco Architecture. ENJOY!

What kinds of things are you growing in your vertical gardens at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment