Review: Veggie-Go's.

About a month or so ago, I came across a company called the Naked Edge and while the name itself intrigued me some, I was more curious about their yummy 'adult' fruit leathers. I say adult only because they were so good that I didn't want to share them with my two year old -- but once she got over her texture issue (she wouldn't pick them up with her fingers), she seemed to really enjoy a few of them. 


Behind the Scenes: The company was started by a husband and wife duo that spent an entire year in various European cities working and eating off organic farms. When they returned to Boulder, CO where they lived, they realized that what we eat as an American society is garbage. We're over-processed as a whole! They wanted to share with people the idea of eating and snacking in a health way. And viola, they're starting their third year in business.

The Goods: At the moment, they have four different flavors of their fruit/veggie chews called Veggie-Go's. Not that they need any more goodness, but I'm hoping that there are some more flavors or snacks in the works. (L-R) Cinnamon Spiced Beet -- beets, apples, sweet potatoes, flax seeds, cinnamon -- was probably my least favorite of the group, not because I didn't like it really, it just didn't have the same robust flavor or smell that the others did. Was hoping for a little more from this combination of ingredients. Carrot Ginger -- carrots, apples, ginger -- was definitely in my top 2! The smell of ginger was faint, but still present. When I ate it, the ginger taste was muted by the apple but still gave my mouth a slight tingle. Sweet Potato Pie -- sweet potatoes, apples, spices -- was AMAZING! Tasted just like a slice of my mom's fresh baked pie with just the right twist of cinnamon. The smell was great and it almost had the consistency of eating raisins. Mountain Berry Spinach -- berries, spinach, apples, sweet potatoes -- had a little bit of an 'earthy' smell to it, but it was the sweetest of the four. I wouldn't say it had a gritty consistency, but it was definitely thicker tasting then the others. I also didn't really notice any spinach taste to it, but I'm guessing it's what created the texture.

Cinnamon Spiced Beet
Details: The veggie/fruit chews are gluten free -- vegan -- certified non-GMO -- made from all natural, organic ingredients -- have no added sugars, colors or additives -- all in all, they're down-to-earth wholesome.

What's Next? You can check out their website to find out more information on getting your hands on some. They have an online store where you can order directly -- they come in 20 packs that run $27.79/box, which comes out to roughly $1.39 each before shipping. They also have noted that shipping is based on weight and these things are pretty light, so I can't imagine it's very high. You can nab individual flavored boxes or even try out a mixed box if you can't seem to make up your mind. They recently just launched their product line with all Whole Food stores in Tennessee and are quickly popping up everywhere -- check out the locator to find your closest one. Personally can't wait to nab some next time I'm out and about!

What flavor combination do you think you'd like?









**Disclaimer: This box and all the items within were kindly sent to me to review by The Naked Edge. All products that are mentioned and reviewed on my blog are my own personal and honest opinions, or those of someone I've shared my goodies with. I am not being compensated additionally for my thoughts or posted reviews -- whether good, bad or indifferent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment