Juicy Thursday!

So I finally decided to bite the bullet and start "weaning" for my upcoming juice fast. I've tried to completely cut out or limit: meat, dairy, sugar, caffeine, processed food, fried/fast food, and bread. Oh and alcohol. It's been a lot harder this time then the last attempt at weaning, but every little bit counts. It's not really a good idea for you to go cold turkey AND start a juice fast at the same time. It's too much of a shock on your body and you might have a lot of icky symptoms like headaches, nausea, body aches, fatigue and sleepiness. While you're weaning too, it's a great idea to up your water intake to and try to juice once daily to get your body use to it if it's not already a part of your daily routine. Went to Whole Foods today and scored a bunch of yummy produce! Actually really looking forward to this fast, thinking mid next week I'll pull the trigger :) Here's some "Instagram Inspiration" in the mean time. I've been finding a TON of new people on IG!

@ceeshah -- orange, pineapple, apple, mango -- this was from Day 24
of her juice fast. Truly inspiring to see so many people doing 10+ lately.
@theattack
@linnea80 -- lime, spinach, celery
@chooselife_liveit_doit -- carrot, ginger, beet root, purple carrot, apple, cucumber
@leahmenner -- don't think this shot was intended for juicing, but it's a great
visual for me for juicing a rainbow :) Note: You can't juice bananas, but you can
blend them with the juice when you're all done to thicken it.

Anyone wanna join in this juice fast? I'm thinking 10 days, but maybe I'll push myself longer.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for highlighting my recipe and photo :0)

    CeeShah

    ReplyDelete
  2. @CeeShah, no problem! I enjoy seeing all your stuff on my IG feed. Keep the juices coming :)

    ReplyDelete