Today's Finds.

So this weekend I didn't show very good restraint. I started off pretty good, but sometimes it's hard to eat good when you come unprepared food wise and even more unprepared self control wise. (haha) Sunday we went out to Lake Normandy with the family and I did pretty good with eating a veggie burger and some healthy crackers I picked up at Costco, would've been great with some hummus though. Later that night though after being in the sun all day, no one really felt all that great (my beau got food poisoning we think from some sunflower seeds) and we all decided to have canned soup. It was the first pasta I've had in over a month, but there's just something comforting about canned chunky soup :) Yesterday was his birthday and despite how sick he was, we still had a filet mignon and baked potato lunch with asparagus -- I opted for a sweet potato, but succumbed to the filet and finished half his baked potato for him.

Scale: 131.4 -- It didn't go up as much as I thought it would and it has renewed my desire to eat good again after getting all the 'splurging' out of my system for a while.

Breakfast: I unfortunately was out of most of my staples this morning, so I swung by the store and grabbed a banana for a quick snack and headed off to Whole Foods to resupply.

I was AMAZED that Whole Foods had not a single granny smith apple in the produce section. They did have tons of great deals on berries though, but I have so much other stuff I have to juice before I can add anything else to the fridge. Blueberries were in the giant packages for $7.99 and cherries were down to $7.99/lb as well.  I noticed that the strawberry packages were a much larger size than last time and seemed to be priced fairly low. Perhaps I'll pick some up and can some jelly in the next week or two! Other than that, the produce section looked to be about the same as usual. I did peruse the pasta aisle this time around though and bought some quinoa based spaghetti noodles and some organic spicy pasta sauce -- I'm hoping that it will taste good so I can incorporate some healthy 'pasta' back into my eating. I miss pasta so much! I also grabbed some various meat substitutions in the fresh cooler section to put in the pasta and also to try to make some vegetarian tacos this week for dinner! I didn't think to look for vegan sour cream or cheese though until I was already in the car, so I'll have to check around this side of town before making them.

I headed over to the Nashville Farmer's Market next and much to my dismay, my regular apple source was *gasp* out of every single type of apple. I did find one vendor though that had GS's left and they were 2 for a buck. Ended up getting 20 apples (in case I couldn't find any again haha) for $10 bucks, versus what I use to pay -- 18 apples for $12 bucks. So I was pretty happy about the whole ordeal and made a new friend that said they'd sell them to me by the box if I wanted. Maybe I'll split a box with someone in the near future.

Lunch: Juice -- 2 GS Apples, 1 Pear, 1 Lemon, 2 Oranges (I added another after the picture), 1 Parsnip, 1 Zucchini and 4 Carrots. Was so great to get some juice back in my system after such a large break! I feel like a million bucks again.



Dinner: I lightly sauteed up some Asparagus tips (saved the tough bottoms for future juicing) with some grapeseed oil and a little lemon pepper blend. The Portabello Mushrooms were sauteed slightly in some butter (I don't have an alternative one yet) with a splash of Worcestershire sauce as well. They were still crunchy and not soggy like most cooked mushrooms are when you go to a restaurant!



Had a great eating day -- what did everyone else have?


No comments:

Post a Comment