Pre-Juice Fast.

So this morning I got the bug. I've decided I'm going to do it. A 10 Day Juice Fast. And I'm slightly terrified.

We had dinner last night with our friend that opened our eyes to juicing. We made a juice to go with our vegetarian burritos (from Drifters, so good!) so we could show off our new juicer. The whole night centered around the topic and a challenge of sorts came out thru conversation to do a juice fast. We all talked about 'scheduling one' in the not so near future when it was convenient for everyone to do it together. And I just knew that if I personally kept putting it off, I'd always come up with some excuse to stop myself from taking the next step.

So I woke up this morning -- made a list of things I wanted to try and off I went. Costco was my first stop, they have 10# bags of organic carrots for pretty cheap along with a few other misc things. Then over to Whole Foods (in Green Hills) to do the bulk of my shopping. It's only the second or third time I've been in one before and each time, I feel like a little kid in a candy store. If you've never been inside one, it's truly a mecca of yumminess and contrary to my previous personal belief, it's not that expensive for organic produce there. After almost an hour in the produce section, I made my way to the checkout and was blown away that it only cost $58 and that was with a $6 bag of nuts and a $6 magazine! Lastly, I went to one of my favorite places in town, the Nashville Farmer's Market and rounded out my juice fast list with some zucchini, granny smith apples and a some purple cabbage.

Here's my bounty for the day -- for only $78 bucks and everything is organic minus the stuff from the Farmer's Market.

Click to make it bigger.
(L to R) Bunch of Beets. Bunch of Kale. Bunch of Celery. 18 Granny Smith Apples. 1.5 lbs of Grapes. 6 lbs Pears. Bunch of Easter Egg Radishes. 1 pint Blueberries. 2 lbs mini Cucumbers. 2 lbs Parsnips. 4 pieces of Burdock. 1 lb mini Bok Choy. 3 lbs Lemons. 10 lbs Carrots. 2 Pomegranates. 2 heads Purple Cabbage. 2.5 lbs Zucchini. Bunch of Rainbow Chard. (not pictured) I had about 4.5 lbs left of some oranges from the beginning of the week. This probably won't get me thru the full 10 days of juicing since I'll be doing it 4-6 times a day, but it's definitely a good jump start on what I'll need.

Looking forward to sharing with everyone my progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment