Day Seven + Eating.

So after stepping on the scale this morning, I feel much better about my decision to 'break fast' and include fruits/veggies in raw form for the remainder of my 10 days, and possibly a little longer now. I will say though that I feel a little defeated. It's not that I wasn't satisfied from the juicing alone. And I certainly wasn't being tempted to eat solid meals again or chew. I just knew that for me to get back to where I want to be, juicing was not going to be enough. I've struggled with digestive issues and constipation for most of my adult life. After having a baby too, the issues have gotten more severe and I attribute it a lot to my previous diet and lack of water intake. Ever since I started juicing though, this problem has mostly been a thing of the past and I attribute this with my steady weight loss. That is, until I went on the juice fast.

I've done much research on my issue and have found that I'm lacking two things to make a juice fast successful. (1) You MUST be willing to include tons of veggies and greens into your juices. I unfortunately am not strong minded enough to get over the taste and texture. And (2) You must consume tons of water (more than you're normal 8-8oz glasses a day) to help flush out your system. Again, just not something I can seem to wrap my head around. I will say that since I started juicing, I have increased my water intake quite a bit, but I still can't seem to get on board with that much. I even took some advice from my mom about setting an alarm on my phone for every couple of hours to remind myself to drink a glass of water, but that hasn't gotten me completely up to speed.

So for those of you that can jump those two hurdles, you're golden. And I encourage you to do a juice fast. I don't regret setting a huge goal of 10 days for my fast because at least I got further than if I'd only set my mind to 3 days :)

Scale: 130.1 (a total of 15lbs gone in the month that I've been juicing!)

Breakfast: Banana + Juice -- 1 Zucchini, 5 Carrots, 1 Parsnip, 1 Orange, 1 Lemon, 1 Pear and 2 GS Apples. This is pretty much my morning staple so to speak. I feel like the veggies that are in it, balance out the sweetness of the fruits. Plus it uses up a good amount of the stuff that tends to go bad quickly since I buy it in such large amounts.



Late Lunch: Leftover Broccoli from yesterday + Juice. I was in a hurry, so I didn't take a picture. It's amazing how much busier my days are getting as it gets closer to summer. Looking forward to a long three day weekend!

Dinner: Lightly steamed Green Beans + Banana. Remember guys, when you steam things or cook your veggies, the 'greener' and crispier they are, the more nutrients they have in them. I surprisingly wasn't very hungry tonight and crashed pretty early.



What are some of your current challenges with maintaining your healthy lifestyle?


No comments:

Post a Comment