Grasshopper Cake!

So I've decided that I'm not going to post my weight/entire eating schedule for every day since I'm sure most of you aren't exactly interested in my every waking move. So I'll continue to just post new stuff I tried, new things in Nashville and cooking/canning experiments that I've recently tried. I have a couple up my sleeve that I'm working on as we speak :)

I introduced a girlfriend of mine tonight to Wild Cow. It wasn't her first time hearing about them though, she'd gone to a meeting there once, but was put off by what she saw passing her on the plates and chickened out on ever trying anything. After reading my blog though and seeing my Lentil Bowl post, she decided to give it a shot. Food was good as always, quick (and very hot) take out as usual! I've never tried any of their desserts though and something on the counter caught my eye while I was paying -- Grasshopper Cake. OMGosh! I wish I would've taken a picture, but we consumed it so fast I forgot. It will definitely be in my future again, so I'll make sure I get one + the ingredients.

I want to take the time as well to tell you about a program that some East Nashville merchants (and a few others) are participating in. It's called 3funding and you may have seen some fliers up at the Wild Cow and the Green Wagon. Basically you register on their website (http://www.areyou3funding.com/) and enter in your phone number, it's how you're tracked. Then you pick from several different charities that you want part of your sale(s) to go to. I personally picked East C.A.N. for mine. Once you've done that, then you're ready to start saving money for you AND your charity. For example, every time I dine at the Wild Cow, I get a point for every $1 I spend -- 100 points earns me a $10 credit there. And 5% of every purchase I make goes to my charity. How great is that? It's a win/win for everyone and I enjoy doing my part while eating some yummy food!

What's your favorite dessert?


No comments:

Post a Comment