Day Eight + Eating.

So I'm feeling great after putting some solid fiber back into my diet. I have noticed though that the last two nights that I haven't juiced with dinner, my sleep patterns are a little off base. I'm starting to have restless, insomnia pretty bad again. So I guess I'll have to change my routine up a little bit again.

Scale: 130.1 -- unfortunately the scale didn't change for me. I honestly can't wait to see numbers in the 120's!

AM: Banana + Juice -- 4 Carrots, 1 Parsnip, 2 GS Apples, 1 Pear, 1 Lemon, 1 Orange and 1 Zucchini. For some reason, I didn't get very much juice from this combo today. I got about 3 little glasses (1.5 of my usual size cups) and then gave the kiddo a little less than half a glass in her sippy cup with some water. She absolutely goes insane any time the juicer gets put together and starts grunting and pointing until I give her some juice too!



Lunch: Banana + large GS Apple.

Early Dinner: 2 large Zucchinis -- sliced them, slightly sauteed them with a little grape seed oil and then put a small amount of cayenne pepper and other 'hot' spices on top of them. Super yummy. And I was stuffed afterwards. Didn't get around to juicing since I wasn't hungry. Didn't want to overdue it.

What's everyone's plans for this holiday weekend?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! Found your blog via the EN listserv. My husband David and I have been juicing for a month or so but I just started a real-deal juice fast today! We drink more of the "earthy" juices you described - lots of kale, beets, chard, and not much fruit - but I am interested to see how this goes for me. I'm just going for 4 days because I'm nervous about how I'll be at work on only juice - I thought I could probably get through the first two days okay but not later ones, so I deliberately chose the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^I'm so excited that you guys checked out my blog! And welcome to juicing -- looks like we started around the same time. What got you started? Good luck with you juice fast -- you're lucky to have a much more understanding palette than me :) The first couple days are rough, but you'd be surprised how long you can go when you set your mind to it! I only broke it for health reasons and my lack of water consumption! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete