Day Four.

So I went to bed quite early like the night(s) before and again, slept quite beautifully. It's amazing to think that I dealt with insomnia and night sweats my whole life and now it's just 'POOF' gone! Yesterday I did feel much better about juicing all day -- last night was the first evening where I didn't feel hungry which is surprising since I didn't really juice as much as I had hoped yesterday. I did step on the scale this morning though and feel quite defeated again and am wondering what I can do differently today to maybe see some progress again.

Scale: 132.5

AM: 2 GS Apples, 1 Orange, 1 Pear, 1 Lemon, 5 Carrots, 1 chunk of Purple Cabbage. I wanted a little spice in my morning juice and wanted to add a little cabbage. I will add a much bigger chunk to tomorrow morning's, but didn't want to overdo it today. I went and grabbed some lemons too before juicing this morning at the Turnip Truck over here in East Nashville -- they were nice and big, only $1.99/lb. Kinda steep since Whole Foods has them organic for $4.99/5 lb bag, but I like that these are much bigger, so I can get away with using only one each juice. After running out of these little guys, I've realized that I don't like to juice without them!



So after breakfast, I decided that we needed to go to Whole Foods and Costco again to stock up on a few daily staples for the fast. Like I said before, I am out of lemons, have two gs apples left and no pears, almost out of oranges and most of my greens have been capped out. So off we went.

Costco: 10# bag of Carrots for $6.99. 4# Kiwis for $5.79. 2# mini Peppers for $4.29. 13# Oranges for $11.99. Today they had TONS of samples in the club, including chocolate and cheese. My two favorites. Of course my lovely beau indulged and enjoyed each one while I just silently pushed the cart. *sigh*

Whole Foods: Tomato Cluster $2.99/lb -- Red Grapefruit $1.69/lb -- Parsnips $2.49/lb -- Zucchini $2.49/lb -- GS Apples $2.49/lb -- Mangoes $1.99/each -- Lemons $.50/each -- Limes $.50/each -- Pears $2.49/lb -- Collard Greens $2.50/bunch. There were some other things I thought about getting to try, but decided to keep it simple and only add a few new ingredients in the mix. Hopefully I can follow some recipes that I have in a few books and make some good combinations over the next few days.

Lunch: 2 GS Apples, handful of Kale, 1 Zucchini, 1 mini Cucumber, 1 Tomato, 1 Lemon, 1 piece of Celery, 4 Carrots and 2 Sweet Peppers. The peppers made it kind of sweet but adding the tomato and celery gave it a little bit of an after taste. Definitely had to chug these two glasses down quickly as I'm not really a fan of V8 and this kind of reminded me of that.



Dinner: 1 GS Apple, 1 Pear, 1 Orange, 1 Lemon, 1 Zucchini, slice of Red Cabbage, 5 Carrots and 1 Parsnip. It was early enough in the night and I was trying to give myself a pep of energy and also trying to stir things up maybe for a BM. Again, the red cabbage gave it a little bit of a spiced flavor, so use sparingly until you know how you're taste buds like it. I used a decent size chunk here, cut it in two and then stacked it on top of itself for the picture.



Feeling slightly discouraged again tonight. Encouragement would be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment