Day Two.

So the first day of the juice fast wasn't really all that bad. Since my body has already gotten use to juicing several times a day, it didn't seem to mind the usual schedule. It did however hate me yesterday evening as it was expecting a 'chewing' meal and all it got was some strong earthy/leafy juice in it's place. It also didn't help that my lovely supportive (I can think of some more sarcastic adjectives) boyfriend was eating chicken pad thai right next to me on the couch. *sigh* Such is life though.

Today marks day number two and I'm surprisingly chipper and alert this morning. I did also go to bed at 930 last night which is unheard of. I've had horrible insomnia as long as I can remember and nothing has ever seemed to help with the problem. I've found when I juice in the evenings, even if it's with a meal, I can go to sleep almost right away and I have very vivid dreams again (which I haven't had since I was pregnant). Plus, getting a good night's sleep is a big part of weight loss since you're body does a lot of work while you're asleep. I always like to get on the scale at night and look at the 'damage' of the day and then give a sigh of relief in the morning that it's dropped back down.

Scale: 134.0 (lowest I've been since I was pregnant)

AM: 1 GS Apple, 1 Lemon, 1 Orange, 1 Pear, couple handfuls of Grapes and Blueberries, 4 Carrots. I've decided today that I'm going to juice more than 3.5 times and in order to reach that goal, I'm juicing less at each 'meal' so to speak. This will make about 1.5 to 2 glasses for me this morning.



Lunch: 1 GS Apple, 1 Pear, 1 Lemon, 1 Zucchini, 1 mini Cucumber, 5 Carrots, 1 Easter Egg Radish and 1 mini Bok Choy. The picture on the right shows how much juice this turned up. Quite a bit more than I was expecting with such little produce here. I encourage you as it gets later in the day, to juice more veggies than fruits. Especially in the evenings, juicing too much fruit will have you a lot of energy right before you try to go to bed. 



Dinner: 2 GS Apples, 2 Pears, 1 Orange, 4 Carrots, 2 Parsnip, 1 mini Cucumber, handful of Blueberries, 3 pieces of Kale. Ok, I know I just got done saying that the later you juice in the evening, the more veggies you should have vs fruit. I did buy a mediocre batch of pears though that are already starting to turn, so I wanted to breeze through those real quick AND my day has been kind of blah so I did want a little more energy to get me thru the rest of my day/evening.



What kind of juicing combinations are you guys doing at the moment?







No comments:

Post a Comment