Day One.

First day of the juice fast and I'm off to a pretty late start. I got so wrapped up in playing catch up on work since the kiddo was sleeping in later than normal this morning. For my breakfast juice, I usually like to do fruit since it has natural sugar in it to give you a boost vs drinking coffee or energy drinks. You definitely don't "crash" later on in the day and it's tasty, so you tend to drink it down quicker which doesn't hurt when you're rushing out the door. Also know that fruit juices tend to be a natural laxative, so until you're use to how you're body is going to handle them in the AM, I recommend doing this before you start your morning routine vs drinking it in the car. When you gotta go, you gotta go (haha)

Scale: 135.8

AM: 2 GS Apples, Orange, Lemon, Pear, 3 Carrots, big chunk of Pineapple. This makes quite a bit of juice by itself since most of these produce a lot of liquid. I work from home, so I can usually chug down 2-3 glasses in the morning and don't have to rush. If you don't have time though, juice a few less ingredients and you'll get 1-2 glasses from it.



Lunch: 1 GS Apple, Lemon, 2 Parsnips, 3 Carrots, 1 mini Bok Choy, last chunk of Pineapple, Stalk of Celery, 1 Zucchini. Again, later than normal since my day's schedule is so off. Have so many 'new' ingredients that I haven't juiced before. The flavor of this one is a little stronger than I normally like -- you can taste the celery. Would suggest adding something else to this, but not sure what.




Dinner: 1 GS Apple, 1 Lemon, 3 Stalks of Celery, 1 piece of Burdock, 1 mini Bok Choy, 1 Beet + Greens, 4 pieces of Kale, 3 pieces Rainbow Shard, handful of Grapes. So my friend that got me into juicing wanted to try out my juicer again, so he stopped by on his way home from work. He's more into 'leafy/earthy' juices and I let him pick out tonight's ensemble. A lot of this stuff I hadn't juiced before, so the taste was quite shocking for me. I drank almost all of one glass and then decided to put the rest in the fridge and doctor it up when I was hungry again. About an hour later, I took the remaining juice and added some of my usual stuff in it -- 1 orange, another lemon, 6 carrots and another GS apple. It was a little more bearable, but still very earthy. Guess I need to take baby steps when it comes to juicing a bunch of ingredients that I'm not familiar with :) 



Anyone have an recipe idea they'd like me to try?



No comments:

Post a Comment