Review: Upfront Foods.



So I was excited to receive a week's worth of granola from Upfront Foods a couple weeks ago. I fell in love upon opening the box. First the size is great -- they only sell their product in 1.4 oz bags so that it doesn't go to waste or get stale once you open it. This is great for me too because I can throw it in my purse or in the kiddo's diaper bag or lunch box for school. And it helps with portion control since you're only getting 1/2 cup at a time. Second, their logo is super fun and literal. For someone like myself (and many of you I'm sure) I'm constantly standing in the grocery store looking at the back of the box/can/carton/bag that I'm buying. Not with Upfront Granola though -- everything you need is literally on the front! That's a company that has nothing to hide.


Ok, so on to taste. I was running late the other morning and grabbed a bag for my purse before running out the door. I opened it up easily at a stop light and peered in. At first I was kind of bummed that it wasn't more 'cluster-y' so that I could eat it while driving, but that's probably a good thing :) I did stick my nose in the bag though and the smell was great. A little bit different than any other that I've tried. Think it was the orange peel powder.


After almost 45 minutes of looking at the bag and hearing my stomach growl, I finally got to my destination and dived in. It was definitely some of the best that I've tasted. I love the ingredient list and could definitely taste some of the little 'extras' that you don't find in other granolas. I also like that it had 4g of protein and 16% of my daily dietary fiber.(Organic Whole Grain Oats, Pecans, Almonds, Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Flaxseed Meal, Canola Oil, Organic Orange Peel Powder, Sea Salt)

I'm also excited that this company is out of Boca Raton, FL. Being raised in Florida most of my life -- and seeing most healthy foods that I've researched coming out of California, it's nice to have a little FL pride! The final rundown on Upfront Nutty Granola -- it's kosher, all natural, no preservatives or artificial ingredients and it's non-GMO certified. It isn't gluten free though because of it's oats, but it is wheat free. 

Want to try some of your own Upfront Nutty Granola? Well, it's in limited supply so far -- unless you're in Boca Raton or St. Augustine, I believe it's even at any Whole Foods in Florida. But you can always order online -- they have three options ranging from single packets for $1.75/each (3 package minimum) or you can buy a 12 pack for $1.40/each. They also have 10 pack baskets for only $15 bucks that I'll probably send out as Christmas gifts for a few people this year! If you'd like too, you can always check out their Facebook page and enter-to-win your own week's worth of granola!

Did I mention that this was totally kid approved? After getting into my 4th little bag of goodness this morning, the kiddo caught wind of what I was snacking on and demanded (thru shrieks and screams) that I share. Guess it could've been worse right? haha





UPDATE (10/16): Be on the lookout for a giveaway coming soon. Gigi, the big Kahuna, has asked me to give away a 12-pack of her yummy nutty granola to one lucky reader. But she's waiting to debut the new packaging. So be looking for it soon!


**Disclaimer: These items were kindly sent to me to review by Upfront Foods. All products that are mentioned and reviewed on my blog are my own personal and honest opinions, or those of someone I've shared my goodies with. I am not being compensated additionally for my thoughts or posted reviews -- whether good, bad or indifferent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment