Taco Chicken Bowls.

So I made another great slow cooker meal the other night for our neighbors. It's so nice to have people that live less than 20 feet away that you can hang out with and enjoy some drinks/food -- oh and a friendly poker game, which I totally won :) But back to the food part. I made Taco Chicken Bowls via my Pinterest board and they were fabulous if I might say so myself. They were vegetarian/vegan and to be honest, I'm not sure how you would be able to substitute to make them that way -- leave a comment if you have an idea!

1.5 lbs chicken breasts
1 16oz jar of salsa -- chunky works well
1 15oz can of rinsed black beans
8 oz of frozen and/or canned corn
1 T chili powder
1/2 T cumin
1/2 T minced garlic
1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t salt
cracked pepper to taste
2 cups dry rice -- I used Jasmine rice
cilantro to mix in with finished rice
shredded cheddar cheese -- topping
sour cream -- topping

So simple from here -- put chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Add all ingredients except rice, cheese, cilantro and sour cream. Add 1/4 cup of water for good measure. Stir well, but make sure chicken is covered on the bottom. Turn cooker on low for 8 hours and walk away. You'll know it's done when you can pull the chicken apart with a fork and it crumbles! Make the rice up real quick making sure to read the package for preparation. Jasmine rice was my favorite choice because it's sticky and tastes great with cilantro -- ie Chipotle style :) Then put everything together and you're done!

Not the greatest picture, but you get the point. I'm hoping that Santa will
let my husband know that I want a new N1 Nikon after Christmas :)

What are some of your favorite slow cooker meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment