Christmas!

I am so fortunate this year to have such a great family, and with it, not just one Christmas but two! We celebrated over the weekend with the beau's side -- ham dinner, Christmas Eve church service, presents, the whole works. We traveled down to my folks for the rest of the week and had an amazing feast and a second round of presents. 




I really and truly can't complain. With all the hustle and bustle of the season and all the festivities though, sometimes it can be easy to forget what Christmas is all about. Some say Santa, some say presents and family -- but for me, Christmas is the birthday of my Lord and Savior! 

"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.' Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.'" Luke 2:9-14

Now if that doesn't give us reason to celebrate, I don't know what else does! I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Enjoy your friends and family and hold them closer then every before.

No comments:

Post a Comment