Friday Night Market.

So I know that today should be "Eat Your Colors" Friday, but the Night Market is going on and I feature it today and take a little break from the norm. In all honesty, if you went tonight, you would've gotten your fill of colors! I love this time of year because of the unusual bounty it brings. Fall is definitely in the air and it was such a beautiful night for this monthly event.
Peaches were absolutely beautiful and smelled so sweet. Didn't have a
chance to ask, but I assume that these are freestone ones since it's
that time of year. These are great for canning and juicing since you
don't have as much prep work -- ala clingstone peaches.
Concord Grapes -- quick start making jelly! These were hard to spot and
I only noticed them at one booth. Not sure if they are on their way in
or are starting to thin out. Liked that they had chestnuts as well.
Always forget about this guy having bulk grains/legumes/etc for sale.
Decided to grab some red lentils while I was out tonight and will be
going back next week to grab some other newbies to the diet.
Potatoes Potatoes Potatoes! They were everywhere. Sweet Potatoes were
average of $1.00/lb and I found reds for $1.50/lb or $12 for a 50# bag!
So much squash (and pumpkins) -- this is truly one of my favorite times
of year when it comes to produce. I love that everyone is so uniquely
different. And has it's own great taste!
If I remember correctly from last year, she had these boxes of hot banana
peppers for only $15-$20 bucks. I know I snagged some jalapenos for
that much, but she was super swamped tonight so I didn't ask price.
Wish I had some time to can this year, I would definitely grab a box or two.

See, you still got your 'Eat Your Colors' inspiration for the weekend! If you weren't at the Market tonight, get your butt down there this weekend and enjoy some fall treats :)


No comments:

Post a Comment