Melting Pot.

So the beau and I went to the Melting Pot downtown last night for our 3 year anniversary. I guess this is one of those few times that I'm glad to be a 'flexitarian' because I definitely indulged my carnivore side. We did the 4 course meal and enjoyed a bottle of chardonnay with it. First course we did the Cheddar Cheese fondue -- I unfortunately didn't think to take a picture of any of it until it was gone. Yeah, it was that good :) We dipped bread, veggies and my favorite, chilled granny smith apples. Then came some salads which we picked at a little since we knew what was up ahead. Next, came the meat course which we cooked in just a basic vegetable bullion. We had (middle) sirloin and lobster, (top to right) shrimp, pork, chicken, and beef. I ate more meat then I'd probably had combined in the last month or so, but I also inhaled the veggies and had to get another big bowl of them! Lastly was dessert and by far, my favorite part of fondue. We had milk chocolate with Oreo chunks and a shot of Baileys added in. Tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't look very appetizing haha. We dipped strawberries, Rice Krispie treats, chocolate/graham cracker marshmallows,  brownies, cheesecake, cherries and pound cake. Was truly an amazing meal and a great way to celebrate our anniversary! We'll see how the gym treats me the next couple of days *wink*



What are your favorite places to celebrate special occasions?

No comments:

Post a Comment