Lentil Soup.

So last night was my first attempt at making a healthy meal that didn't take 10 minutes -- ie tacos, wraps, etc.  I decided that since I have lentils a lot when we go out to eat, I'd try to make some at home. I made the soup/stew with 2 cups Thrive Lentils, 3 celery stocks, 8 large carrots (love them!), 1 cup Thrive Chopped Onions, and various amounts of cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, salt/pepper and basil. I also made some roughly 1 cup of Thrive Quinoa that we mixed into our individual bowls to help thicken it out a little. And of course, I topped mine off with a ton of hot sauce :) I wish I'd had some sort of 'sauce' to decorate the top, but I didn't get that creative. Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that. I'd say for my first attempt, I didn't do too bad. I didn't realize how long lentils took to get soft -- so definitely give yourself around an hour for prep and cooking time. Thinking of getting some Thrive Carrots and Celery to cut down on the prep time in the future too!

Thrive Chopped Onions, Thrive Lentils and Thrive Quinoa
Tasted way better than how the picture makes it look :)
If you're interested in finding out more information about Thrive products, feel free to email me or check out my website at this link: Shelf Reliance -- click on the 'Shop' tab, then select which website you want to view, then scroll down to the bottom to 'Sign In' and create an account. This will give you the best pricing by sometimes 20%.

What meals have you made with Lentils lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment