Review: Jovial Foods.


It's been a while since I've done a review and was glancing through the pictures that I've taken for my blog prep and came across this one from my Jovial pasta night a week or so ago! I came across this company via one of my subscription boxes -- they had a little sample bag of their whole grain einkorn penne pasta and I loved everything about it, but it was such a small taste! I was ecstatic though when I got my package from Jovial and discovered that they not only had pasta, but also flour, rice pasta, pasta sauce/tomatoes and cookies! They were nice enough to send me a big box of those to try too!

Story: I love what this company is doing for food -- they not only care about what ends up on the shelf as the end product, but they are first focused on what's being grown from the very beginning. They're really focusing on the ancient grains and heirloom varieties of foods from our ancestors -- that's where the organic whole grain einkorn came from. Read more about their story here.

















Details: I was thrilled that it had 9 grams of protein and 4 grams of dietary fiber per 2 oz serving -- and let's be real, who only eats one serving of pasta at a time? Certainly not me! When comparing it to other brands of pasta too, I noticed that it only has two ingredients unlike other brands - organic whole grain einkorn and water. You'd think that something with this much fiber and protein would taste gritty or 'thick' but it was neither and extremely filling. My only regret was not having any Parmesan cheese to put on top :) You can purchase this (and the rest of their products) thru their website - the pasta was only $3.49/box and there's a bulk discount too if you buy 5 or more at a time.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Crispy Cocoa Cookies ($4.39/box) -- because of the whole grain einkorn, these little vegan beauties had 3 grams of protein for every serving of 3 cookies. That's a win win for people like me that try to get our protein from things other than meat. They had such a great crunch too -- and these were definitely toddler approved! I should have snapped a picture when I first opened the box, they were gone before I even realized it!

Now the things I received were not certified gluten free, but they do carry several things in their GF line of foods including some pasta, cookies and tomato based products. On a final note, they also have some great recipes on their website that are broken down into dietary categories so there's literally something for everyone from carnivore to vegan and everything in between. Enjoy!









**Disclaimer: This box and all the items within were kindly sent to me to review by Jovial Foods. All products that are mentioned and reviewed on my blog are my own personal and honest opinions, or those of someone I've shared my goodies with. I am not being compensated additionally for my thoughts or posted reviews -- whether good, bad or indifferent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment