EYC Friday: Yellow Edition.

Ok guys -- I know that 'yellow' stuff isn't as plentiful as some other colors this time of the year, but I want to make sure that you guys don't forget about all the beautiful squashes that are out there right now. I think in the next few weeks, I'm going to try to really hit hard on the benefits of these seasonal gems. OH and yellow squash too -- that can really be found at the grocery store year round, but there's something about buying them local when they're in season. I will tell you though that in my research, I have found that the 'crocked neck' variety is on many GMO watch lists, so if that's something that concerns you (and it should), then look for the straight neck varieties. I believe there's one vendor down at the Nashville Farmer's Market that currently is selling some. 



Enjoy your colorful weekend guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment