More Local Eats.

Ok, so more yummy eats. Again, I'm not only trying to eat healthier but I want to be able to describe myself as a locavore one day. More on this one later though. I've had the great pleasure of eating at Eat Well Market several times and each time just keeps getting better and better. If you've never heard of them, their over in East Nashville off Riverside Drive. It's a little out of the way, but the food is definitely worth it if you're looking for healthy and/or gluten free options. She's recently all but perfected GF Hot Chicken which is almost always on the menu and she had a two potato gratin (sweet potato + regular potato) with cheese and spices that was out of this world. I also decided to get a little side salad -- she uses fresh mixed greens, not the kind you buy in a bag! She doesn't have a website, I linked her Facebook page as the go to for menu/specials and hours/location. Certain days their closed and they shut down between lunch and dinner. So definitely 'like' them on FB because every day the menu is different based on the fresh ingredients!




I also went to Bar Louie's in the Gulch over the weekend and enjoyed a little Girl's Night Out time over appetizers and wine. If you ever get the chance to check out their happy hour, it's really the best time to go. They do half price drinks and apps and you can literally stuff your face for cheap. We opted for their Hummus Plate that include tzatziki and cucumbers, Spinach Artichoke dip with chips, Adobo Shrimp Skewers over spinach with  some yummy additions and one of their Roasted Vegetable Flatbreads. I was so full when we left, I almost had to be rolled out. I don't even want to show you a picture of the monster chocolate cake we got after eating all this!


Calypso Cafe is another Nashville gem that I often forget about even though I drive passed it almost every day -- they have 5 different locations scattered about. Their menu is very vegetarian/vegan friendly and you get a TON of food for a good price. I opted for the Black Bean Salad (with no meat) and it was seriously the heaviest to go box I've ever gotten. It was just mixed greens, tortilla chips, rice, black beans and cheese with some sour cream. It was kind of weird eating this as a salad though and I might opt for the nachos in the future -- the lettuce just didn't really do it for me once I got down to the bottom!


Last but certainly never least in my book -- we had some friends over Sunday night and got Wild Cow to go. Everyone else's meals were so colorful, but I was really just craving their Lentil Stew with Garlic Aioli and a side of Black Beans with vegan sour cream. Couldn't tell you which picture is which, but I know a Far Eastland Bowl was ordered and a Taco Salad. Don't remember the other one. All in all though, we haven't gotten anything we don't absolutely love.


 What are some of your favorite places to eat in the Nashville area?
I'm always looking to try something new.



No comments:

Post a Comment