I'm Back.

Miss me? I decided to take a little break as you can see. I was starting to get really overwhelmed with all the demands that I had going on in my life. I had to take a step back and remember that my family and spending time with them was top priority amongst a few other things. I was starting to spend less time putting 'quality' stuff together for my posts and felt rushed to get something up so that I wouldn't get behind. Looking back over the last several months, I wish that there were topics I had tackled when they were relevant (think, Prop 37) and I wish that I'd spent a lot more time on certain topics that I've already posted (don't worry, I'll backtrack and tackle them again).

I've also started to slowly watch my eating habits and lifestyle choices spiral out of control and at times I feel hypocritical for even mentioning the words 'eat your colors', 'vegetarian' or 'juicing'. I honestly can't tell you the last time I juiced out of my home. I have a beautiful Breville just sitting on the counter begging to be plugged in. I have all kinds of kitchen tools and gadgets that are just sitting around collecting dust. I have countless cookbooks that I've picked up over the last few months to help me eat healthy just sitting in a corner. I've let so much produce just go bad in my fridge. I've been embarrassed (inwardly) several times in the last months when people refer to me as their 'healthy' friend or someone that's a 'go to' for all things good. I cringe when my friends mention my blog while I'm hovering over a hamburger and fries.

I've realized over my longer than expected break though, that it's ok. No one is just born with the 'healthy' choice ingrained in their brain. No one is perfect. Good friends (and readers) won't judge me. If they're truly there for me, they'll be a support. Not a stumbling block. It takes time and research and will power to make those decisions and re-create yourself from the inside out.

So today, I begin anew. I don't expect overnight change. But I do expect change.

No comments:

Post a Comment