Meatless Monday.

So the hubby has been telling me that he wants to start eating healthier. I don't blame him really. We've both been feeling rather 'blah' lately and it's definitely time for a real change. It's much easier when you have a support partner though. It's hard to want to eat a salad while you're better half is eating wings on the couch next to you :) So tonight we decided to finally whip out one of my unopened Christmas presents and make dinner. I got this little gadget via Amazon -- I think it was under $25 bucks! There are so many brands out there and they are all super cheap. If you don't have one, it's definitely something fun and cheap to invest in. You just stick the produce to the 'claw' on the right, then choose which blade you want (mine has three different kinds) and then turn! Viola! Done in less than 3 minutes. Most people choose to eat theirs raw, but since it was our first time, I lightly boiled in water for about 3-4 minutes. I would suggest a shorter 'cooking' time since it was already getting pretty soft!


I found these Meatless Meatballs by Veggie Patch at the local Publix over in West End. I've been noticing quite a few things from this brand lately. They're usually over in the salad section where the fresh healthy food is. Second place to check would maybe be with the meat stuff? But not likely. We heated them with the sauce over the stove and it was surprising how good they tasted. I wouldn't have guessed that they were meatless at all! And 6 meatballs = 15g protein and only 140 calories. Pretty stoked!


Might not be the prettiest picture you've ever seen of food, but trust me, it was DELICIOUS! This might become a regular weekly dish since it was so easy. I use to (and still do, really) hate to cook. There's so much thought that goes into it usually. You have to shop for something, thaw it out, plan the meal and then create it. Usually I get stuck somewhere between step 2-3 and then end up making pasta. Well, this is a great alternative to normal pasta night!


Have you ever made your own vegetable noodles?

No comments:

Post a Comment