Mad Platter.

I have so much fun stuff to catch up on -- and where better to start, then sharing some of the yummy local eateries that I've found (and finally tried) and a few of my old favorites. This might take two days worth of posting since there's been a TON of great food eaten over the last month and I don't want you guys to miss out on any of the eye candy. My husband's office is over in Germantown and we are always driving passed Mad Platter. We had date night a couple weekends ago and tried to get into Silo on a Saturday night with no reservation, so we drove around the neighborhood and remembered MP. It's not that we haven't wanted to eat there, it's just a little 'off the beaten path' and we don't always remember it until it's too late. We walked in around 8:30 and low and behold, thanks to the Nashville 'blizzard' (sarcasm), we were able to get a table. I love the food trend that Nashville has going on right now. A lot of new restaurants are adopting the farm-2-table concept and their menus usually change daily so it makes deciding even harder because you don't want to miss out on anything. The beau ended up going with a yummy looking fillet with potatoes and asparagus. I personally went with the Garden Linguine which surprisingly was to die for. It had julienne carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes in white wine sauce with some cheese on top.


I can't even describe the flavor that it had, but it's definitely something that I'd love to recreate in the kitchen! The service was a little slower than I'm use to at other restaurants. Luckily we ordered a bottle of wine that helped pass the time. Our waiter offered us their Five Course Dinner -- it's basically your choice of soup, appetizer, salad, entree' and dessert. -- all for an extra $20 on top of the entree' price. At first I thought this was a lot until I started really looking at the menu (and listening to my stomach growl for the next 25 minutes) and realized that it was the way to go. He even suggested only getting one of the FCD's add on's and splitting it. We didn't think we were hungry enough to fully enjoy it, but we decided next time it might be a good idea! After practically licking our plates, we opted for dessert -- which if you get, I promise you won't regret.
The Chocolate Elvis -- milk, white and dark chocolate layered
with raspberry sauce
Tiramisu
So we liked our experience so much, that we had lunch there again that same week. And brought a friend. Again, it was surprisingly easy to get into during peak lunch time and we got our food much faster than before. Their known for their Quesadilla of the Day -- which happened to be chicken, peppers, onions and cheese -- served with rice and black beans.


I opted for the Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad -- which included mixed greens, black bean and corn salsa, cheese, tomatoes, fried tortilla strips and chipotle ranch. I was a little bummed with the 'spice' factor -- I definitely was envisioning something that would make me break a sweat (I like spicy things) but it didn't really have much flavor until I put the dressing on it.


 My friend is a huge connoisseur of Reuben sandwiches and since they boast 'Nashville's Best', she had to order it. She did ask what makes there's the best and the waitress told us that they slow cooked their meat in house first thing in the morning and it was raised locally with no hormones. One bite in and I thought she'd died and gone to Heaven. She said it definitely was one of the best she'd ever had -- and look at all that fresh fruit it came with, instead of chips or fries like other places.


It's not one of the cheapest places for lunch/dinner, but it certainly is one that will leave you happy that you came..even if your wallet is a little lighter than you want. I definitely can't wait to go back, but this time with a reservation. Just in case!



No comments:

Post a Comment